Let’s get started. Not tomorrow. Not next week. NOW.
Here are some basics tips to get you moving in the right direction. Follow these steps in the checklist to start your march down the path to physical enlightenment.
- Figure out what you want and why.What is your ultimate goal? Don’t settle for what you believe is your ceiling. Aim high. Always. After you have an idea of what you ultimately want, take a minute to honestly evaluate why this is your goal. This will be your ultimate motivator. Write it down and take a peek at it every now and then when things may not be going your way.
- Evaluate what you are willing to do to accomplish your goal.Is it really worth it? I hope it is, but you need to make that decision yourself. I can only help assist. You’re the one putting in the work, no one else can do it for you.
- If you want to alter your appearance, you need to get your nutrition in check.Everyone has different goals. Some people want to lose weight, others want to gain weight and there are those who are not interested in either. While I advocate a healthy lifestyle, I acknowledge that it is not a priority for everyone. For those who want to make big changes in their physical appearance though, you will need to consciously pay attention to what you eat. Go to the nutrition section for guidelines to get you started.
- Start moving and lifting.To get stronger, you’re going to have to add resistance training. I highly recommend getting to a gym or investing in your own equipment. Barbells & dumbbells are all you need. Body weight exercises can only develop so much strength because you can only add the resistance of your own body. Head over to the Get Buff section for designed programs or check in at the training videos to get you going in the right direction.
- Keep records.Sometimes it’s hard to see we are having gains or making progress towards our goal. By recording our body stats and our daily training sessions, we can really see how we’re improving. The forums are open so we can all share our accomplishments so get involved!